Babies skin is very sensitive. It needs a lot of care. The product that is used for the baby’s skin should be prepared with the utmost care and should be very soft and sensitive on the baby’s skin. Baby lotion retains the moisture in the baby’s skin and helps to keep it soft during the winter season. There are various brands that say that they make the best baby lotion. But, you should know which lotion is the best. Today we will give you a few tips on how to choose the best baby lotion and which are the best ones available in the market.
- 1 How to choose the best baby lotion
- 2 The list of best baby lotion to buy for your kid
How to choose the best baby lotion
When you buy a baby lotion for your kid you should keep the following points in mind
- Baby’s skin type
- The lotion should be made for babies
- The lotion should be free from all the preservatives and chemicals
Baby’s skin type
Each and every baby is different. So, is their skin. The lotion that suits one kid might not suit the other kid. If the skin of your baby is extra sensitive then choose the baby lotion that is made for extra sensitive skin. Make a point, that after you buy a baby lotion, then, first of all, apply the lotion on a little part of the baby’s skin. Check for 24 hours. If the baby does not develop an allergic reaction, then the lotion is safe to use for your baby.
The lotion should be made for babies
Many of us feel that we can use the lotion that we use for ourselves, on the baby’s skin as well. But, this is not the right thing to do. The lotion that we use is suitable for our skin and has a lot of chemicals in it. The baby’s skin is very soft. The baby lotion manufacturers keep in mind that they do not add these chemicals in the lotion.
Preservatives and chemical free baby lotion
The baby’s skin is very sensitive and cannot bear any preservatives and chemicals on it. So, make a point that you check the label of the lotion before you buy it. It should be all organic and chemical free. The moisturizers have a natural fragrance. Some manufacturers also choose an added fragrance. Always choose the baby lotion that is fragrance-free. The artificial fragrance may be harmful to your little angel’s skin. The baby lotion should be free from paraben, which is used as a preservative, phthalates used as a lubricant, sodium lauryl sulfate which is used in soaps and propylene glycol as these act as skin irritants.
So, these are a few tips on buying good lotions for your babies.
The list of best baby lotion to buy for your kid
Here is the list of few top brands that manufacture the best baby lotion around the world.
- Johnson baby lotion
- Aveeno baby lotion
- Himalaya baby lotion
- Cetaphil baby lotion
- Sebamed baby lotion
Johnson baby lotion
Johnson is the brand that has been around for years and years. The Johnson & Johnson products have been used since ages. Johnson’s baby lotion is one of its best products that can be used for kids during the winter season. The Johnson’s baby lotion has the following benefits.
- It is dermatologically tested and approved by pediatricians
- The fast absorbing formula leaves the kids skin really soft and smooth
- It is clinically tested and is mild hypoallergenic
- The pH of the product is balanced and does not have any harmful effects on the skin
Aveeno baby soothing relief moisturizing cream
- Aveeno baby lotion helps soothe and hydrate the baby skin
- It is free from all the harmful chemicals like parabens, phthalates, and steroids and is pediatrician recommended
- natural colloidal oatmeal and nourishing emollients are the primary ingredients used.
- The lotion is fragrance-free non-greasy and absorbs quickly and helps in maintaining the moisture of the baby’s skin
Himalaya baby lotion with olive oil and country mellow
- The Himalaya baby lotion is extra soft and gentle to the baby’s dry and chapped skin all around the body
- The olive oil and licorice present in the lotion act as natural moisturizers and preserve natural softness.
- It is safe and efficient and is clinically tested. Using the baby lotion once a day for a week will help retain the baby’s skin moisture and make it really soft.
So, it seems Himalaya is not only into producing shampoos, soaps, and products for adults. But, they also produce mom care and baby care products.
Cetaphil baby lotion
- Cetaphil lotion is designed specifically for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- It moisturizes and nourishes your baby’s skin while protecting it from dryness.
- Cetaphil baby lotion contains sweet almond oil and sunflower oil to soften and smooth the baby’s skin.
- It is free from all the preservatives and skin irritants that damage the baby’s skin
- The lotion soothing organic calendula extract derived from the marigold flower. This extract helps in recovering dried and chapped skin. Using the baby lotion twice a day is highly beneficial.
Sebamed baby lotion
- The sebamed baby lotion is made up of all the key natural ingredients for the baby’s skin. Here are the key benefits for the sebamed lotion.
- It contains key natural ingredients like lipids, sorbitol, lecithin, allantoin, and panthenol. The lotion spreads easily and does not leave your skin oily.
- The pH is balanced to keep the baby’s skin safe.
- Keeps the baby’s skin soft and supple
- It is free from any harsh chemicals, preservatives, and fragrances.
So, these are the few brands that make the best baby lotion. And new moms should definitely check them out for their babies.